a blog for people who are on the quest. . . a journey to know Jesus and follow Him.

Monday, May 12, 2003

Here's something I am learning...how the Holy Spirit uses groups of believers to demonstrate His desire.l

Last night we had a young lady ask a question about a roomate situation and their security deposit. She told us some details and then asked our house church what she should do. I bit my lip so I wouldn't be the first one to talk. Then we bounced around the question awhile. People gave different perspectives. I got some clarification about what the issue was after saying something really stupid. We continued to talk and some folks got pretty passionate. It was cool to watch and participate in. Then one of the guys (this is his second time being with us) said, "I guess it is unanimous..." The bells and whistles finally went off in my head that OF COURSE IT WOULD BE UNANIMOUS>>>the Spirit was leading that time! I'm slowly catching on. I am so privileged to be alongside a community of folks who would allow God to use them in this way...and who would aske the questions to submit to the community. Very cool. I seek more guidance from the Spirit from our gatherings.

You can check out these passages to see how the early church were able to listen to the guidance of the Holy Spirit--in the gatherings of the church---Acts 13:1-4, Acts 15

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home